Hi lovely you!
How are you today? I hope you are feeling just as good as I do. It’s already Tuesday but I’m still experiencing the positive vibes from this weekend: I did so much unexpected, fun stuff! From having an amazing dinner with friends to just walking through the streets of Amsterdam with the beautiful sunshine. I mean, man… the weather was great! Anyway, if you follow my instagram account it is possible that you’ve already seen this one pop up: the Acai bowl. This sunday I decided to make it with one of my best friends. She had never tried it before so it became about time that she did ;)!
Many people that use acai use the freeze dried powder in their meals or bowls. I have to say that I’m not a big fan. I don’t know why but I kinda dislike the flavor. That’s why I had to find out where in Amsterdam they sell the frozen acai puree. And after a while I found a store! It’s a Brazilian supermarket in Amsterdam West. I was so so so happy that I finally found it! I bought one large pack and made about 9 blocks for smaller portions and put it in the freezer. I think one block is about 150 grams. But now: The killer recipe!
What do you need: for two person?
- One pack of frozen acai
- 1 normal banana (half
- 1 frozen banana (optional, makes it a bit thicker and colder 😉 )
- 2 – 3 cups of coconut water
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries + more for toppings
- one mango (half a mango in the smoothie, half a mango for toppings)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Toppings of choice: I used raw cacao nibs, nuts, berries, mango, mulberries and chia seeds
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients together (save half of the mango and some raspberries). It is important to have the frozen acai out of the freezer for about 15 – 20 minutes already as otherwise it will be hard to blend. Also, adding the coconut water makes blending easier.
- Poor everything in two separate bowls and top with whatever you like!
Acaibowl goodness for sunday brunch!🍇🍌🌴 Recipe will be up on the blog this week ❤️ enjoy your day🌞#vegan#veganfood#veganism#health#healthyfood#veganfoodshare#fitfood#fitgirls#greenlife#eatforfit#veggies#healthysnack#healthylife#detox#balance#nutritious#planetgram#plantbasedvegan#earthling#plants#eattherainbow#sugarfree#glutenfree#dairyfree#girlboss#travelling#highcarbvegan#sustainability#acaibowl