Today I would like to share one of my favorite recipes with you: Banana bread! It is a quick and easy recipe and extremely delicious. I have this banana bread as a quick (to-go) breakfast when I don’t have a lot of time in the morning (with an extra piece of fruit and peanut butter on top 🙂 ) or I’ll have it as a snack in the morning or afternoon. I’ve got the basics of this recipe from my roommate, who made me very excited about the bread. I adjusted it a bit to my taste or in other words: I added stuff (chocolate, dates, peanut flour) just to make it a bit more special! Want to see the recipe of this beauty? Read on..
- 3 very ripe bananas (preferable brown )
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams of buckwheat flour
- 3 big tablespoons of peanutflour (or extra buckwheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla powder
- A hit of cinnamon
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- Raisins, dates and/or mixed nuts (I used them all)
- Dark chocolate (20 grams) (in tiny tiny pieces)
- Coconut oil (for non-sticking in your baking tray)
Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celcius. Then mash your bananas and combine in a bowl with the eggs and flours, baking powder, vanilla powder, cinnamon and salt. Then add the raisins (I had 2 hands full), Dates (I had 2 medjool dates, chopped in pieces), and one hand each of walnuts and hazelnuts. Put some coconut oil on all sides of your cake form and add in the ‘dough’. Put it in the oven for about 35-45 minutes. Once you take it out of the oven, directly put the chocolate pieces on top of the cake so that they melt. Enjoy to the fullest!